With the increase in the popularity of designer eyeglasses, there has been an increase in criminals trying to sell fake eyeglasses. These fake manufacturers are integrating more features within their frames to make the eyeglasses they sell look more like actual designer glasses. Such fake eyeglasses have been made for such brand names as Bvlgari, Chanel, Colce and Gabbana, Prade, Versace, and Polo. When purchasing a pair of designer eyeglasses, you should be able to identify that the eyeglasses are authentic in order to avoid becoming a victim of a scam.
The following are a number of tips to help you determine the authenticity of designer eyeglasses:
1. Most designer eyeglasses normally cost $200.00 and more. If you find a really cheap pair of eyeglasses that claim to be designer, you may want to reconsider the purchase as they are most likely a fake.
2. Look at the description of the eyeglasses. Does it state the brand name, or does it say inspired by ‘brand name.’ ‘Inspired’ will mean fake. Also, look for misspellings and unusual graphics.
3. Check the eyeglass components. If there are plastic screws or hinges, the eyeglasses are most likely a fake. Designer eyeglasses should have solid construction and quality strong components.
4. Look at the package holding the eyeglasses. Check for a barcode, model name, frame and lens description. The box should have the designer’s logo on it. A Universal Product Code or a UPC is the barcode and number series located on every retail product. If you receive a package without a barcode sticker, it is a good indication that you have purchased a fake. The barcode may also be on the packaging. When ordering eyeglasses, make sure it is being sent in its original wrapping.
Each manufacturing company has a UPC group that assigns specific numbers to specific products that are five digits in length. Each product has its own unique number. The number can never be reused with the same manufacturer ID number.
5. Designer eyeglasses should come with a warranty document or warranty registration booklet.
6. Most designers will come with a product information sheet or small card. There should also be a company’s contact information if one has any questions about the eyeglasses.
7. If you are purchasing the eyeglasses online, compare the seller’s pictures of the eyeglasses with pictures of the eyeglasses on the manufacturer’s website. Look at such details as the location of the logo, frame color and the color of the lenses.
Designer eyeglasses have now become a popular item for millions of people around the world. If you are worried about the authenticity of a pair of eyeglasses, it is important that you employ a number of methods to check its legitimacy. Manufacturers are fighting criminals that sell fake products, but unfortunately, there are a lot of these criminals out there. The best thing to do is check the authenticity yourself before you make a purchase. This will help protect you from being ripped off.
Looking for cheap contact lenses and prescription eyeglasses in USA? Be sure to shop online and choose from a wide selection of eyeglasses and contact lenses at huge savings when compared to retail prices.