When people play sports, sunglasses are worn for protection just as much as they are worn for looks. Wearing sunglasses protects the eyes from damage due to the sun as well as physical injury. There are now many types of stylish sunglasses available for the avid sports enthusiast.
The following is a list of the different types of sunglasses that are good for sports:
Sunglasses for Cyclists: The best sunglasses for cyclists are those designed for speed and wind. They should be lightweight and block the brightness of the sun. They should also be designed to hug the face to block dirt particles and wind, especially those who mountain bike. Cycling sunglasses should be impact resistant, strong, durable, and have a strong lens and frame. They should be ultra violent resistant and block the bright sun rays. Polarized sunglasses are a good choice. Anarchy sunglasses are a popular brand for cyclists.
Sunglasses for Golfers: People who golf know that the sun can play a significant part in how well they play. Bright sun can throw a player off his or her game. Sunglasses that have a yellow lens reduce the bright conditions caused by the sun on the open green. They help make the golf course and its terrain much clearer and more visible. Popular brands include Nike, Adidas, and Bolle sunglasses. Sunglasses with a high nanometre rating are effective at blocking ultra violet light.
Extreme Sports Sunglasses:When playing extreme sports, sunglasses need to hug the face, be strong and durable, have effective hinges and screws, and have a lens and frame that can handle strong impacts. Popular sunglasses for people who engage in extreme sports such as snowboarding, skateboarding, skiing, and dirt bike racing are Black Flys and Julbo sunglasses. They are UV resistant and have polycarbonate lenses.
Popular brands of sport sunglasses include:
1. Nike Sunglasses: Nike has a variety of sunglasses suitable for sport activities. Features of many of Nike sunglasses include poly carbonate lenses, metal frames, and varying lens types that block sun brightness while making objects clearer and more visible. They also have interchangeable lenses to fit different light and weather conditions.
2. North Face Sunglasses: The North Face brand of sunglasses is great for cold climate sports such as climbing snowy mountains and other winter sports. They have excellent eye shield and sun blocking lenses.
3. Oakley Sunglasses: Oakley makes sunglasses for almost every type of sport and weather condition. They are strong, durable, impact resistant, and are designed for effective peripheral vision. They allow for customization so that the wearer gets a secure fit.
4. Bolle Sunglasses: These stylish sunglasses have many interchangeable lenses and are designed for a secure fit to protect your eyes and face.
5. Smith Slider: This popular brand of sunglasses has a variety of lenses to suit many weather conditions. They provide great coverage while enhancing peripheral vision. They contain fittings that make the sunglasses secure and durable.
When looking for a good pair of sunglasses, you should consider whether the glasses are a good fit, are made of a good quality non-skid materials placed on the nose and at the temples to prevent slippage when sweating, quality of shatter resistant lenses, and how well the glasses protect you from the glaring sun.
Whether for protection, style, or both, sunglasses for sports are a necessity. When choosing a pair of sports sunglasses, it is important to consider how well the sunglasses will work in your particular sport.
Looking for Acuvue contact lenses and prescription eyeglasses? Be sure to shop online and choose from a wide selection of sunglasses and contact lenses at huge savings when compared to retail prices.