Prescription glasses should be replaced once every two years but for most people, they would prefer to have their glasses last as long as possible. If you take care of your glasses in the right manner, this is quite possible. You will not be required to replace your glasses very often if you maintain them well. Given below are some tips that you can follow to keep you glasses in good shape.
What to Avoid
* Avoid washing prescription glasses using hot water because the protective layers on the lens can be damaged. Hot water can make the coating on the lenses peel off.
* Do not use soap or brushes for cleaning your glasses. Even if your lenses are scratch resistant, they can be damaged by rubbing them vigorously or by using abrasive substances.
* Avoid placing the glasses in you pockets, especially in the pants. You may be careful as much as possible but it is possible that you forget about them and sit. This can cause the glasses to break instantly.
* Do not leave your glasses under direct sunlight. The lenses are usually made from plastic material today. Strong sunlight can easily warp them and damage the lenses.
How to Clean Your Glasses Properly?
* Wash the prescription glasses with cool water. The temperature of the water should be no more than room temperature. This would make sure that the protective coating on the lenses is clean but not damaged. You will be able to see clearly.
* Use a soft, lint free cloth and mild soap for cleaning the glasses. All the dirt and grime on the lenses and frames would be cleaned with soap and the soft cloth that you use for drying will not leave any traces if it is lint free. There will also not be any scratching.
* Keep your glasses in their case when not in use. You will keep them at a safe place and you will avoid misplacing them if you use the case.
* Keep the glasses with you always. When you are going anywhere out, take your glasses with you. It may take some time to develop the habit but once you do it regularly, you will not forget them and will have them at all times whenever they are needed.
Glasses Will Last Longer If Maintained Well
If you follow the suggestions given above, it is possible to make sure that your glasses are maintained well for long. You do require to get your eyes checked and the glasses updated at regular intervals. But as long as you follow these tips, your prescription glasses will last long.
To know more on how to get prescription glasses and to find various choices in frames and lenses, please visit www.CheapGlasses123.com