As the summer approaches you’re probably looking forward to sunny days, maybe even a holiday, and the chance to enjoy the good weather. When you are outside, you’ll need to protect your eyes from the sun If your current sunglasses aren’t up to much, then you’ll want to buy some new sunglasses.
1. You might have lost your sunglasses, or left them behind when you were last on holiday. Perhaps you were surprised that your last pair lasted both weeks of your holiday without falling apart, and don’t think they’ll last another summer.
2. If you didn’t look after your shades properly, they’re probably scratched and hard to see out of. If you have a pair of sunglasses for the car, then they’re probably not kept in their case as you need to be able to put them on quickly, and so they might have rolled around the car a bit, and could do with replacing.
3. The arm or lenses on your shades might have broken when you fell off your mountain bike, or were rock climbing. You’ll either want to try and replace the broken bit, or buy a new pair of sunglasses.
4. If you haven’t needed to buy a new pair of sunglasses in many years, then your current shades might not offer the protection you need, or that is recommended. You might be putting your eyesight at risk otherwise.
5. Sports sunglasses really do make a difference, and if you’re a keen angler, golfer, or cyclist, then you’ll appreciate the fact that your eyes are better protected from grit, or from harsh sunlight at all times of the day.
6. If you need more features from your sunglasses, such as durability, or the ability to change lenses, or lenses that change colour with the light conditions, then you’ll want to buy a pair of sunglasses that provide what you need. In the saddle on a tricky descent, or about to sink a long putt is not the time your sunglasses to let you down.
7. Fashionable sunglasses can be found all over the place, and if you want to look like your favourite movie star, or singer, then you’ll be able to find the same sunglasses as they wear. Why not get a new pair of sunglasses and see if you look as cool?
8. Some sunglasses brands are known for fashion, others for style and some for sport. If you’re looking for a particular shape, colour or function, then you might already have a brand in mind. The right shape and styles will give you the look you want.
9. Durability might also be an important consideration. Perhaps you need your sunglasses to last longer than your annual holiday. By choosing a colour and style that will look good in years to come, as well as a pair that are strong enough to last, you won’t have to worry that you’ll need to buy a new pair next year.
10. The cost of your new sunglasses might be less important than their durability, or protection. You might be looking for an extremely fashionable pair, or you might be looking for a high performance sports pair. Getting the wrong driving sunglasses might not matter too much, but the wrong sunglasses for he beach, or on the golf course, can permanently damage your eyesight.