New contact lens users always have lot of questions. What are the steps I should follow? How to review prescription? What kind of contact lens will be best for me? How to wash contact lens? How to get discounted, cheap contact lenses that are good for me? And a lot more.
First of all we will discuss the types of contact lenses that are readily available.
Mainly there are two types of contact lenses:
1) Hydrophilic contact lenses: These are popularly called as soft contact lenses. They have a floppy structure and larger than their counter part rigid contact lens. It is very comfortable to wear as they are made of oxygen permeable material. Wearing soft contact lenses enable the oxygen directly reach to cornea.
2) Rigid Contact Lenses: These are popularly known as gas permeable or RGPs.
They are smaller in size. Due to their rigid structure, it takes time to get accustomed with them. RGPs are durable and last for more than one year.
Uses of contact lenses:
1) Therapeutic use: In case of surgical intervention, it is an alternative to bandages.
2) Just for fun: Some people use contact lenses just to create specific effect.
3) Lenses used to hide any eye injury: Prosthetic lenses are used to hide an eye injury and to give it a look of normal eye.
4) To correct vision disorders: Bifocal contact lenses are used to correct vision disorder like myopia, hyperopia and presbyopia.
All people cannot afford the cost of contact lenses. If you are one of them try looking for cheap contact lenses. It does not matter much the purpose of your contact lens; cheap contact lenses are available for all purposes. You can find cheap contact lenses from various sources like online shopping, direct shopping from contact lens manufacturers and many more.
Hence, go and grab your chance of buying cheap contact lenses and protect your eyes or give yourself a new look.