The saying goes that eyes are the windows to the soul. Keep your visual environment clean and clear by cleaning your eyeglass lenses carefully and regularly.
Things You’ll Need:
Straps For Sunglasses
Soft Dry Cloth
1. Wash lenses daily with a mild soap and warm water to remove dirt and oil and avoid massive buildup.
2. Dry lenses with a lens cloth or nonabrasive cotton. Avoid using paper towels or camera lens paper.
3. Purchase a professional lens-cleaning cloth and lens gel (or spray) to remove fingerprints, dirt buildup and smudges.
4. Hold glasses by the eye frame with your thumb and forefinger of one hand. Use the other hand to gently buff the lenses in a circular motion. Do not press too hard on the lenses.
5. Wash the cleaning cloth weekly with a mild, nonabrasive soap. Avoid using fabric softener when drying the cloth.
Tips & Warnings
Purchase scratch-resistant lenses to avoid permanent marks that will impede vision.
Keep glasses in a case when not in use. Be sure that they are kept in a safe place, away from clumsy hands that might knock them to the ground.
In a pinch, you can clean glass lenses with a drop or two of vinegar with a clean, soft cloth. Don’t use vinegar on plastic lenses.
Do not use the tail of your shirt to clean your lenses, if you can help it. Most clothing fabrics contain abrasive fibers that will scratch or smear the lenses..